Event Policy: Effective Immediately
Due to the pandemic, our events policy remains fluid to reflect how we, as a healthcare institution, are currently operating. It is important for UAMS events and activities to set a good example for the public, so please consider the following requirements when planning your event.
Remember: UAMS employees no longer qualify for paid leave for COVID exposures confirmed by Student and Employee Health Services (SEHS) to not be work-related (exposure happened away from work.) For such exposures, the absenteeism policy will apply. Employees will need to use sick and/or vacation leave.
Events are not considered work-related unless attendance is mandated by a department or supervisor.
For all events regardless of location:
- Individuals are not to attend the event if they have any of the following: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chills, new onset muscle ache not explained by exercise or activity, loss of taste or smell, or fever greater than 100.4 degrees in the last 24 hours.
- Individuals are not to attend the event if they should be in quarantine.
Inside Events, On Campus:
- We are no longer requiring masks at UAMS in non-patient care areas. However, masks are required when you enter buildings like our hospital and clinics where patients may be present and in all hallways and public areas in these buildings, including the cafeteria. Employees and students who have approved medical or religious exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccine should continue to mask in all campus areas. Unvaccinated visitors should continue to wear masks when inside UAMS buildings. It is up to each individual to follow masking requirements as vaccination status cannot be assessed.
The "in-person" audience is open to the public as well as UAMS staff and students. Please be reasonable and responsible with the number of external guests invited.
- It is up to the department hosting the event to send instructions on parking and where to enter the building.
- Visitors no longer need to be screened. If they are going into the hospital, they will still need to show identification and wear a visitor badge at all times.
- We are currently operating at 100% capacity at on-campus venues.
- Refreshments may be served. Please consider grab-and-go options or individually packaged meals. However, buffets and potlucks are allowed as long as there is hand sanitizer at the beginning of the food service line.
Inside Events, Off Campus:
- We encourage groups to use caution and adhere to recommended facility guidelines.
Outside Events, On and Off Campus:
- Unvaccinated guests should continue to wear masks. It is up to each individual to follow masking requirements as vaccination status cannot be assessed.
- The "in-person" audience is open to the public as well as UAMS staff and students.
- Refreshments may be served. Please consider grab-and-go options or individually packaged meals. However, buffets, cookout and potlucks are allowed as long as there is hand sanitizer at the beginning of the food service line.
Your safety and that of our entire UAMS community remains at the forefront of our decisions. Thank you for your flexibility and continued patience as we try to remain a safe and healthy place for our students and employees. This policy will be re-evaluated monthly. Please revisit this page for future events. If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.